Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Hard Thing For Me To Admit

There was once a point in my life where I weighed over 300lbs.

Wow. That was a hard sentence to write. It will be amazing if it makes it onto the blog. Yes, about 2 years ago I was SEVERELY overweight. January 2011 - I had a friend who wanted to get fit. She asked if I'd be her 'accountability buddy' and maybe - even come to the gym with her. I have this issue with asking someone to do something I'm not willing to do myself, so - I decided to go for it!

I weighed myself, and couldn't believe how heavy I was. I had been active on and off since highschool and apparently this last bout of 'off' was a REALLY hard one on my body. We ended up going to the gym 4-6 days a week. Around that time, I met my boyfriend who just happened to know a thing or two about nutrition and exercise. He helped me make healthier choices and I was well on my way to success.

We slowly ended up going to the gym less and less. Around June, my friend and I had a falling out. She and I stopped going to the gym together and subsequently, I stopped going all together. My boyfriend and I kept our nutrition going really well and so luckily all the weight I had lost (over 50lbs!) had stayed off.

I remember it was around my birthday last year where the nutrition started slipping. I was allowing myself to eat the worst foods the entire week around my birthday. Then I got sick and started placating myself with food. From February to August of 2012 we enjoyed things we shouldn't have been enjoying and got sluggish. I gained back some of that weight I had worked so hard at losing.

Something happened in August. Honestly, I have NO IDEA what it was. Some weird awakening that something needed to change and that I COULD ACTUALLY DO THIS.
I didn't wait for the beginning of the month, the start of the week, until the junk food in my house ran out - I just did it. August 28th it all changed.
With the BIG HUGE (Holy moly I could not have done this on my own) HELP of my boyfriend - I wrote out a meal plan, went grocery shopping for it and created this program called "#LetsGetPhysical".

From that day back in 2011 when I was over 300lbs - I've lost over 70lbs. 34 of those lbs have been since August 28th.

Now that you know where I started, I'm thinking I'll let you know how I got there. Stay Tuned!

No comments: