Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Packing

You know, I wish there were a way that I could just snap my fingers and my house would be packed and ready for moving.

Heck, I'd love it if it were moved! Unfourtunately, for some ungodly reason, I can't do that.

So I have to pack. Now, I'm not sure if y'all remember back to the days in 2006 when I had to pack to move into the house my parents bought, or in 2007 when I had to pack to move out of my parents' house... but I confessed about my packing problem.

Not only am I a pack rat, I also know how useless the stuff is.
I have stuff that has been sitting in my storage closet since the day I moved in (since I was able to unpack everything the first day) and I went to go grab it and sort through it. You'd think that if I've lived without it for a year and a half I'd be able to live without it completly. I should just dump it. Yeah, easier said than done.

I look at the stuff and say "Oh, if I had only looked in here sooner I could have pulled this stuff out and used it!"
Worst part is, I have throw this stuff out. Most of it are papers that I deemed "important" the last time I moved.

For example, one thing that I'm having a hard time getting rid of is a stack of "paintings" from kindergarten. I mean, they aren't good by any means. "flowers", "houses" "sun"... you can only tell because they are basic forms.
How do you just throw those away?
I need someone to come in and pack my house for me. When they look at a piece of paper ripped into a heart with "I love you!" written in my sisters writing, they'd be able to just throw that away! No attachment!

Anyway, there is my packing rant for the day. Back to work I go!

<3 Nikki

No comments: