Saturday, April 11, 2009

Frigonometry

Ok... honestly... this week has been ridiculous.

So I live in a basement suite. The only problem is, I live in a suite where there is very little insulation between my room and the room above me.
I have had constant complaints that I'm too loud from my landlords, who live above me. Now, I'm not saying that I've never had a party at my place, and that its never been too loud at an ungodly hour. Because I have.

Now because of these complaints that I am too loud, Brian and I have stopped having people over all together. Afraid to have to have the embarrassment of saying "OH! Its 10:55pm, you need to leave so we can be quiet by 11".

Its gotten to the point where we don't live here... we have all our stuff here and sleep here, but we no longer LIVE here.

On monday at exactly 11:01pm, I received a call from - not my landlord - no. My landlord's son. He was calling to inform me that not only were we being too loud (eventhough both of us are in our rooms going to sleep) but that I have been keeping him up for the past full year now. We apparently were supposed to be asleep by 10pm.
So now, not only am I renting a place where I don't LIVE... I'm renting a place that has a curfew.

That was the last straw. I told Brian I wanted to move out and started looking right after I hung up the phone.

So if that wasn't the last straw... Today, I got another call. This time from my landlord. She was calling to tell me that she spoke with her son, and its ok for us to be awake until 11pm (wow, woop-dee-doo..thanks boy who is younger than me) and that she is going away for a week to california. I said to her that I was not pleased that I received a phone call from her son and not her- that SHE is my landlord and not him. She said then proceed to tell me that her husband is an alcoholic. But at least he has been respectful of the noise level. Also, she understands my situation as it is just like her husbands.

SHE CALLED ME AN ALCOHOLIC!!!
I was just shocked. SHOCKED!!! Like, who the hell does she think she is saying that I'm an alcoholic!?! I just can't imagine what goes on in her brain to have the need to say that out loud. NAIL. IN. THE. COFFIN.


Brian and I have been to a couple of places to look... I *REALLY* want one of them, and there is another that I'm sure by now we haven't gotten, and the last one I went and looked at today and it is nice... but not aesthetically pleasing.




I just can't wait to get the eff out of here.


Highlight of the week: FRIGONOMETRY

No comments: