Saturday, January 16, 2010

Praying and two year olds.

Hello again, let's ignore the fact that this is the second post in the same number of days and jump right in.

As you may or may not know, my sister takes care of her 2 year old goddaughter for her job. She, at least 2 times a week (ok, let's be honest... basically everyday), comes to pick me up from work. With her, is this little girl (aka LittleBit). I love spending time with her because watching her discover new things and new ways to do things is quite the experience. She is so entertaining and adorable.

The other day, just like any other day, my sister came to pick me up from work and my mom and LittleBit were in the car. We were driving back to my parents' house and I was sitting in the backseat beside LittleBit. She folded her hands together, turned to me and said "You do it too Mikki!" So I folded my hands together. "Pray Mikki!"

I was just thrown off by this. I mean, here is this 2 year old girl, asking me to pray! I know it shouldn't have been as much of a big deal as it was in my head. I just thought to myself that I can't believe it has been such a long time since I've prayed and the person to remind me is this 2 year old!
I could make excuses like 'I have much more to think about than a two year old does', 'I don't have as much time on my hands as a two year old does'.

However, we all know both of those excuses are bunk. I mean, I may think about more than she does, but that's because I'm at an age where I use more of my brain. I should still have room for reminders like saying a little prayer. Also, I had that 2 minutes while riding in the car. It's not like it took an hour to do.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you!

Bye!
Nikki

No comments: